About Suzanne Moroney
Suzanne is a registered massage therapist, with over 10 years experience in the industry and has recently became a Certified Sport Massage Therapist in Nova Scotia.
Suzanne is the sole owner of Coastal Sports and Wellness.
Clinic owner since 2007: operated private practice directly out of college from 2007-2011; In 2011, expand individual practice and operated as “Coastal Massage” adding 4 additional massage therapists to the company. Once this expansion was successful, further expansion occurred in June 2013 to “Coastal Sports & Wellness Inc.” as a multidiscipline clinic adding Physiotherapy, Chiropractic, Osteopathy, Acupuncture, Dietary, Occupational Therapy, Reflexology and Personal Training.
In 2007 Suzanne Moroney graduated with honors from the Canadian College of Massage and Hydrotherapy and became a Certified Sport Massage Therapist in 2016. She is a member in good standing with the Massage Therapy Association of Nova Scotia as well as the Canadian Sport Massage Therapists' Association.
Suzanne uses specific techniques to maximize the treatment and healing time as well as prevention of future injury with: deep tissue massage, trigger point releasing, myofascial releasing techniques, cupping massage, Graston Technique, deep stretching and muscular strength testing to determine neurological dysfunction.
– Sports and athlete treatments
– TMJ (temporal-mandibular joint) associated discomfort.
– Hip, pelvis and low back pain, decrease in range of motion.
– Frozen shoulder and shoulder pain.
– Shin splints, calf pain and plantar fasciitis
Retired as a national level gymnast in 2014, at the age of 28. With over 20 years’ experience in the sport of gymnastics; her knowledge for acute, chronic and preventative care has been enhanced by her experience as an elite athlete.
Suzanne has attended many sporting events around HRM as part of the medical team offering Sport Massage Therapy:
- lead SMT for all major provincial and national events that occur in Nova Scotia
- Canoe Kayak Worlds 2008
- Canada Winter Games Halifax 2011
- Beach Volleyball Worlds 2013
- Beach Volleyball Nationals 2014 & 2015
- CIS Hockey Championships 2015 & 2016
- Rugby Canada- CAN vs SCOTLAND match Aug 2015
- Elite Canada Gymnastics Competition 2016 & 2017
- CIS Basketball Championships 2017 & 2018
- Lead medical for Atlantic Gymnastics Championships 2017
- Lead medical for Eastern Gymnastics Championships 2017
- Gymnastics World Championships Montreal 2017
- FIBA World Cup Qualifier 2017
- Rugby Canada- CAN vs USA match June 2018, .
- Team therapist for Taiso Gymnastics Training Centre in Sackville NS.
Most recently Suzanne was part of the Host Medical Team for Gymnastics World Championships in Montreal, Canada- 2017.
Contact Suzanne directly at: Suzanne@coastalsportsandwellness.com
Basic Athletic Taping- 2007
Reiki 1 - 2008
Neurological Inhibition of the Pelvis - 2011
Current concepts in Sports Medicine - 2011
Advanced Treatment Techniques for the Upper Body- Part 1 - 2011
TMD Evaluation - 2011
Fire Cupping: A Western and Eastern Approach - 2011
Hot Stone Massage - 2011
Fascial Stretch Therapy- Lower Body Introductory Workshop - 2012
Neurological Inhibition of the Thoracic Spine - 2012
Sprains, Strains and a Manual Approach to Hip Conditions - 2012
Neurological Inhibition of the Cervical Spine - 2013
Sports Massage- 2013
Craniosacral Therapy Level 1- 2013
Sports First Responder- 2013
TMD Mastery- 2014
Mobility Tape- K Tape- 2014
Pre-Event Sport Massage- 2015
Improving Movement Efficiency- 2015
Taping & Prophylactic Support- 2015
Lower Limb & Lumbar Spine Integration; Sciatic Nerve Flossing- 2015
Advanced Sports Massage- 2015
Persistant Shoulder Pain- 2016
Cervical Spine & Upper Limb Integration- 2016
Active Isolated Stretching- 2016
NeuroKinetic Therapy Level 1- 2016
Sports First Responder- Recertification- 2016
Rock your on Field Shoulder/Elbow/Wrist Assessment- 2016
Treating your Athletes Respiratory System- 2016
Graston Technique L1- 2017
Pelvic Health L1- 2017
NeuroKinetic Therapy Level 2- 2018
Complete Concussion Management Certification - 2018