Exercise Safely for the Pelvic Floor- Workshop
- Do you know how to exercise safely and protect your pelvic floor?
- Do you know which gym exercises you should avoid if you have pelvic floor dysfunction or are at risk?
- Do you know which Pilates or yoga exercises to avoid if you have pelvic floor dysfunction?
- How about running, walking, elliptical, treadmill and biking? Are they safe for people with pelvic floor dysfunction or at risk to have pelvic floor problems?
Time invested in this interactive workshop could save you from a lifetime of pelvic floor issues. This workshop contains information that every woman needs to stay healthy and to prevent and treat pelvic floor dysfunction.
In this workshop you will learn:
- Learn pelvic floor safe aerobic exercises
- Learn pelvic floor safe core
- Learn what to avoid during your exercises at the gym, Pilates or yoga classes
- Learn why diaphragmatic breathing helps stabilize and connect your abs and back muscles with your pelvic floor.
- Learn how posture and pelvic alignment are essential for pelvic health and can help to reduce lower back pain, ab separation, pelvic pain and improve incontinence and prolapse.
You’ll leave this workshop with more body awareness, a better understanding of how to prevent and treat pelvic floor problems and how to exercise safely.
Everybody is welcome to attend. This workshop is ideal for any age or stage of life whether you’re pregnant, recently postpartum, peri-menopause, and menopause.
Instructor: Mirella Veras, Pelvic Floor physiotherapist, PhD
Cost: $25 per person
Date: June 22, 2019
Time: 1:00 to 3:00 pm
To register please contact Mirella: Mirella@coastalsportsandwellness.com